Our council has been notified by Supreme that it has achieved Star council status for the 2013-2014 council years. Star council is the highest distinction that a Knight’s council may achieve. The requirements include reaching quotas for new members, new insurance policies and growth in all six of the Order’s service program categories. This is only the third time in our council’s 22 year history that Star council has been achieved, the other coming in 1996/97 and 2004/05.
Congratulations to all Knights who participated in the many activities of our council during the year, led by Grand Knight Tom O’Brien, Insurance agent Joe Grayeske, Membership Chairman Pat Joy, Financial Seccretary Ron Lantzy and the first degree team of GK Tom O’Brien, “GK Eric Miller, Deputy GK Bryan Bedard, Insurance agent Joe Grayeske, PGK Pat Joy and John Noto. The first degree team held four first degrees during the year resulting in the addition of nine new members.
The six Service Program categories and examples of our council’s activity in that area are as follows:
- Church service; Corpus Christi procession, adoration of the Blessed Mother Icon.
- Community Service: Support of Aid for Friend’s food program, Prison ministry support, Lower Makefield Veterans Park support.
- Pro-Life Activities: Support of Bucks County Women’s counseling center including organization of Parish diaper drive, attendance at annual “March for Life” in Washington D.C.
- Youth Activities: Support of Parish youth ministry, support of Fr. McCafferty scholarships for St. Ignatius students, annual free throw contest.
- Council Activities: Support of deacons and seminarians, “Keep Christ in Christmas” promotion, Annual Golf Outing and Dinner.
Family Activities: Yardley Christmas parade, annual Christmas party, Parish picnic support.