KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
WILLIAM GIBNEY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The William Gibney Memorial Scholarship announces its 2021 Education Scholarships for students accepted to a college, university, or vocational school. The scholarship is given in the name of the late William Gibney who was a member of the Knights of Columbus, St. Raphael the Archangel No. 3507 and Fr. James J. McCafferty Council No. 11013 where he was a 4th Degree member and served as an Officer. William believed in and lived the Knights’ principles of Charity, Faith, and Service to Others. Applications must be sent via USPS Knights of Columbus, Fr. James J. McCafferty Council #11013, Attention Scholarship Administrator, St. Ignatius Parish, 999 Reading Avenue, Yardley PA 19067 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received no later than July 31, 2021. Winners will be selected from a judging panel consisting of Knights of Columbus, Council No. 11013 members. The $1,500 scholarship will be awarded by the Knights of Columbus, Council No. 11013.
To qualify for a scholarship:
- Student must be on schedule to receive a High School Diploma or completing a GED.
Applicant must be a full-time student at a college/university/vocational school in the fall of 2021 or winter 2022.
To enter, please submit:
- Completed William Gibney Memorial Scholarship Application.
- Student verification for students ages 19-23 for fall of 2021 or winter of 2022.
- Acceptance letter from school or school letterhead for applicants ages 17-18.
- On a separate sheet of, please type or clearly print an essay that explains how you have lived and will continue to live a life of charity, faith, and service to others. Please include how this scholarship will assist in that goal. The essay should be 1 page and no longer than 500 words. If sending application via email, the essay should be attached to the email as a PDF document.
- One referral letter from an adult over 21 years of age and a non-family member.
Please type or print application clearly.
Proof of acceptance to the school must be attached to the application form.
Essay must be attached to the application form.
Applications, Proof of School Acceptance, Essay, and Reference Letter must be sent via USPS:
Knights of Columbus
Fr. James J. McCafferty Council #11013
Attention Scholarship Administrator
St. Ignatius Parish
999 Reading Avenue, Yardley PA 19067
or emailed to email@example.com
Email Subject: William Gibney Memorial Scholarship Application
Applications and Reference Letters must be received no later than July 31`, 2021.
Applicant Name (First Name and Last Name): _____________________________________________________________________________
Applicant’s Mailing Address (Street, City, State, Zip): ______________________________________________________________________________
Applicant’s Telephone Number: ______________________________________________________________________________
Name of College/University/Vocational School:
Address of College/University/Vocational School:
School ID #: ___________________________________________________________________________